What are the benefits of hemp paper compared to classically produced wood-based papers? Why hemp paper? Trees grow slowly, but hemp is a fast-growing and readily renewable raw material. Hemp plants can be cultivated easily and utilized fully. Hemp paper is a sustainable alternative to conventional wood-based paper. Eight reasons for this:
8 Benefits of Hemp
- One field of hemp yields four to five times as much paper as a forest of the same size.
- Hemp grows to a height of up to four meters per year.
- Hemp can be harvested three times each year, but trees can be harvested only once every seven years.
- Hemp produces more biomass than any other domestic crop.
- Hemp plants are pest resistant and require less pesticides during cultivation.
- Hemp eliminates its own weeds, so less herbicides are used.
- The hemp fiber is naturally light and requires less bleaching
- The long hemp fibers improve the waste paper cycle and can be recycled more often.